|April – 2012|
- Achala Sachdev, a yesteryear actress who featured in the popular song ‘Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen’ from the film ‘Waqt’ passed away on April 30, 2012. She was 91 year old at the time of death.
- Indian Postal Department plans to set up 1000 ATM’s across 6 states.
- Recently Indo Tibetan Border Police or ITBP opens their headquarter in Bihar.
- Gujarat High Court announced that if an account holder has not supplied KYC (Know Your Customers) documents to the banks, the that bank has not any permission to freeze that account or stop services like, issuing cheque book, ATM facility, etc.
- Urvashi Gulati, a former Haryana chief secretary recently took oath as state Information Commissioner.
- Nagaland became the 3rd state in India to launch State Portal (SP) and State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG) project.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces that they will setup Urdu medium Government schools all over Uttar Pradesh.
- Stuart Milne appointed as HSBC’s India CEO.
- From 1st of April 2012 Madhya Pradesh bans guthka to curb the increasing number of mouth cancer cases.
- Chief Minister of West Bengal has urged union Finance Minister to bail out of states huge burden.
- Jammu and Kashmir High Court Chief Justice F.M.Ibrahim Kalifulla was sworn in as Supreme court judge.
- Sam Pitroda, Gujarati techie, whose name has emerged for India’s President as the nation has to elect 16th President in July 2012.
- At Rs.18,000 crore, Air India’s restructuring plan was approved by a group of 19 banks led by SBI.
- Educomp, a education company, bagged Rs.209 crore order from Assam Government.
- Jammu and Himachal Pradesh connect their oil terminals for supply of diesel, petrol and kerosene.
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) founder RH Patil passes away.
- IDBI Bank bank has opened 16 Ultra Small branches in 16 locations in villages to cater to financial needs of the rural populace.
- Indian Overseas Bank will setup 1-person micro branches to serve remote areas of the northeastern region financially.
- Soon Kolkata will get water taxis and air-conditioned trams.
- Dr.Alexander Kumar is set to become the first foreign national of Indian origin to walk across Antarctica carrying the Indian Flag.
- From next year women will be allowed to participate in the Miss Universe beauty pageant in Transgender category.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) will open its campus in Una district of Himachal Pradesh.
- RBI will introduce bearing rupee symbol in Rs.20 and Rs.50 currency notes.
- Air India get spread Rs. 30,000 crore of equity infusion over a period of 9 years.
- To enhance trade between India-Pakistan, India Integrated Check Post was inaugurated on the occasion of Baisakhi at Attari, India.
- D. Sarkar has been appointed as new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Union Bank of India.
- Dabur India, a Indian FMCG company, crossed $1 billion mark in 2011-12.
- Andhra Pradesh has included services of the petroleum industry, including that provided by tanker operations as essential services under the state’s Essential Services Maintenance Act 1971, (Act 20 of 1971).
- Orissa government has decided to release 27 Maoists from various jails in Orissa to fulfillment the demand of Maoists.
- Bihar has celebrated its 100th anniversary recently.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha were recommended for Rajya Sabha membership in India.
- Loop Telecom has announced to shut down its operation across the country except for Mumbai circle.
- B.V.Wanchoo has been appointed as Governor of Goa.
- Margaret Alva has been appointed as Governor of Rajasthan.
- Aziz Qureshi has been appointed as Governor of Uttarkhand.
- E.S.L.Narasimhan has been appointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- K.Sankaranarayanan has been appointed as Governor of Maharashtra.
- A professor of Jadavpur University has been arrested for allegedly making and posting a cartoon on the internet.
- The Cabinet has cleared the Banking Laws Amendment Bill, 2011. This will give the RBI the power to supersede the entire board of a bank if required.
- Gujarat will be showcased at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In order to improve bilateral ties with Pakistan, Indian government has decided to allow Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from Pakistan.
- After the name of youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Mr. Akhilesh Yadav a variety of mango is named ‘Akhilesh aam’.
- Due to lack of any justifiable ground, The Supreme Court of India has rejected the appointment of Lt. General Bikram Singh as the next army Chief.
- Indian government has hiked interest rate on Employees’ provident Fund from 8.25% to 8.6% from 2012-13 financial year.
- Tamil Nadu is planning to make “100” the common number to dial in any emergency.
- Indian FMCG giant ITC has overtaken Reliance Industries Limited.
- India has started Uranium production at its Thummalapali Uranium mine in Andhra Pradesh.
- Due to high domestic production of cotton, Indian government has decided to lift the ban on cotton export.
- IMF has calculate India’s 2012 GDP growth forecast to 6.9% from its earlier forecast of 7% due to governance concern and lack of reforms.
- Former BJP President Bangaru Laxman has been convicted for accepting bribe of Rs 1 lakh in 2001 by a Delhi court.
- BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka is released by Maoists in Oddissa after more than a month of kidnapped.
- N.K.P.Salve, the former BCCI president, is passed away recently after whom the challenger trophy was named.
- The Supreme Court of India has reserved its order on Ajmal Kasab’s appeal, 26/11 Mumbai terror attack convict.
- Former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan and 13 others has been accused by Enforcement Directorate (ED) for their involvement in money laundering case in Adarsh housing scam.
Railway Budget 2012 – 2013
For Reference books on Current Affairs Click Here
| Current Affairs | All Current Affairs | Current Affairs 2019 | Current Affairs 2018| New Current Affairs || Current Affairs | All Current Affairs | Current Affairs 2019 | Current Affairs 2018| New Current Affairs || Current Affairs | All Current Affairs | Current Affairs 2019 | Current Affairs 2018| New Current Affairs || National Current Affairs | International Current Affairs | Current Affairs on Awards and Prizes | Current Affairs on Science and Technology | Current Affairs on Sports | Current Affairs on Books and Authors || National Current Affairs | International Current Affairs | Current Affairs on Awards and Prizes | Current Affairs on Science and Technology | Current Affairs on Sports | Current Affairs on Books and Authors || National Current Affairs | International Current Affairs | Current Affairs on Awards and Prizes | Current Affairs on Science and Technology | Current Affairs on Sports | Current Affairs on Books and Authors || National Current Affairs | International Current Affairs | Current Affairs on Awards and Prizes | Current Affairs on Science and Technology | Current Affairs on Sports | Current Affairs on Books and Authors | New Current Affairs 2018 2019 questions for bank exam competitive exam january february march april may june july august september october november december National Current Affairs International Current Affairs topics quiz website all Current Affairs business Current Affairs books Current Affairs download Current Affairs daily Current Affairs essay free Current Affairs history indian Current Affairs latest monthly Current Affairs objective politics recent Current Affairs top updated Current Affairs guide related to topics Current Affairs
Click Here to Find Latest Jobs and Current Affairs