1. If 15 toys cost Rs.234, what do 35 toys cost ?
A. 456 B. 534
C. 546 D. 528
2)If 36 men can do a piece of work in 25hours, in how many hours will 15men do it?
A. 60 B. 55
C. 62 D. 58
3. If 9 engines consume 24metric tonnes of coal, when each is working 8 hours a day, how much coal will be required for 8 engines, each running 13 hours a day, it being given that 3 engines of former type consume as much as 4 engines of latter type?
A. 23 B. 26
C. 22 D. 24
4. A contract is to be completed in 46 days and 117 men were set to work, each working 8 hours a day. After 33 days, 4/7 of the work is completed. How many additional men may be employed so that the work may be completed in time, each man now working 9 hours a day?
A. 83 B. 86
C. 81 D. 84
5. A garrison had provisions for a certain number of days. After 10 days, 1/5 of the men desert and it is found that the provisions will now last just as long as before. How long was that?
A. 53 B. 50
C. 58 D. 49
6. A contractor undertook to do a certain piece of work in 40 days. He engages 100 men at the beginning and 100 more after 35 days and completes the work in stipulated time. If he had not engaged the additional men, how many days behind schedule would it be finished?
A. 5 B. 6
C. 3 D. 4
7. 12 men and 18 boys,working 7 Â½ hors a day, can do a piece if work in 60 days. If a man works equal to 2 boys, then how many boys will be required to help 21 men to do twice the work in 50 days, working 9 hours a day?
A. 44 B. 42
C. 52 D. 39