What are the advantages of data type int over data type double? What are the advantages of type double over type int?
Advantages: Int over Double
- Int occupies lesser memory than double.
- Int data type can be used in case statements, where as doubles can’t.
- If we assign a double value like 50.0, it will fail when compared with int value 50.
- Int value can be transmitted across a network, however double can’t.
Advantages: Double over Int
- Double is capable to store both whole and integer numbers, where as int can store only integer numbers.
- Range of double is much more bigger than the int.